Learning and Development Manager
24th January 2020
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with five operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 250 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
Our Academy, formed in 2006, encompasses all employees undertaking trade apprenticeships, modern apprenticeships, college and university courses with Clark Contracts. The Academy falls under the L&D Departments responsibility and we are looking to recruit a suitable experienced individual who can manage both the Academy and the L&D Department at both strategic and operational level.
We require a driven, forward thinking individual who can make a difference. Someone who can take a department that is functioning and take it to the next level.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will:
- Help grow Clark Contracts Academy by liaising with various Colleges, Schools and Universities throughout the East and West of Scotland
- Design, assess, develop and deliver training programmes across various areas of the business
- Be a key element in the development and progression of Clark Contracts Apprenticeships, Traineeships and University Placements
- Line manager responsibility for trade apprentices
- Engage with School Leavers, Students and Graduates to identify individuals who could benefit from joining our Academy
- Liaise with managers and employees at all levels to identify and assess training and development needs of the business
- Identify areas that require improvement and implement them in an efficient manner
- Delivering and overseeing the training of individuals or groups of employees
- Provide Support to those in the Academy from initial stages through to graduation from our Academy
- Implementing, advising on and monitoring appraisal/review schemes
- Work closely with our Academy Mentors to assess and improve the structure and processes of the Academy
- Measure and demonstrate success of the department through set KPI’s and reporting
- Work closely with the HR Department when required
- Have involvement in disciplinary processes for employees in the academy who are not achieving the standards set by the business
- Have be responsible for budget and financial reporting of the L&D Department
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience at managerial level within an Employee Engagement and/or Learning and Development environment at operational level
- Be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience to fulfil the role
- Ideally hold a recognised CIPD Qualification
- Be energetic, passionate, driven, focused with the hunger and desire to drive people development in the business at all levels
- Have excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be aware of academic procedures throughout schools, colleges and universities
- Be experienced in designing, assessing, developing and delivering training programmes
This is a permanent full time role based at our Head Office in Paisley, although due to business needs travel will be required.
For more information contact Recruitment Manager, Craig McHugh on on 0141 847 8727 or email your CV to email@example.com
Candidates who apply for this role will have their data stored for the purposes of the recruitment process. The storage of your data complies with The General Data Protection Regulation. Full details of what is stored and how can be found in our Recruitment Privacy Notice.