Learning and Development Manager
4th June 2018
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with five operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 250 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
Our Academy, formed in 2006, encompasses all employees undertaking modern apprenticeships, college and university courses with Clark Contracts. Having recently been awarded Renfrewshire’s Employer of the Year award at the ROCCO’s, as well as Training Excellence at the Construction News awards, we are keen to grow our Academy by recruiting a Learning and Development Manager.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will:
- Help grow Clark Contracts Academy by liaising with various Colleges, Schools and Universities throughout the East and West of Scotland
- Use their L&D knowledge to plan, design and deliver training programs across various aspects of the Academy
- Take an active role in leading and developing Clark Contracts Academy in line with business needs and objectives
- Be hands on in both delivery and engagement for the Academy
- Manage our bespoke Master’s Degree Programme, created in partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University
- Promote Clark Contracts Apprenticeship Schemes, Traineeships, Work Experience placements and University Placements
- Engage with School Leavers, Students and Graduates to identify individuals who could benefit from joining our Academy
- Be a key contact to all employees looking to achieve an academic or professional qualification through Clark Contracts
- Provide Support to those in the Academy from initial stages through to graduation from our Academy
- Work closely with our Academy Mentors to assess and improve the structure and processes of the Academy
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience at managerial level within a Training, Employee Engagement or Learning and Development environment
- Be aware of academic procedures throughout schools, colleges and universities
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be experienced in developing and delivering training programmes
- Ideally be educated to degree level
This is an excellent opportunity to join a “Times top 100” company. The successful candidate with play an integral role in driving the continued success of Clark Contracts Academy and their investment in both new and existing employees.
This is a permanent full time role based at our Head Office in Paisley, although due to business needs travel will be required. For more information or to apply contact our Recruitment Manager, Craig McHugh on 0141 847 8727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.