Assistant Design Manager
22nd July 2019
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with six operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Retail, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. The company works throughout the UK, employing over 250 employees with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to recruit a Design Co-ordinator/Assistant Design Manager to join the organisation.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Design Manager, the main duties will include but not be limited to:
- The coordination and management of external design consultants.
- Report on compliance and project design development, providing input to aid the successful delivery of the design deliverable pre and post contract.
- Assist co-ordinate the design process and work closely with the Design Manager, client, employer’s representatives, design team and legislative bodies.
- Resolving technical issues arising from sites.
- Providing technical assistance to project teams and across the business.
- Obtaining, review and check design drawings from sub-contractor /suppliers and obtaining consultant approval.
- Track and monitor design release information.
- Updating and tracking the design programme.
- Prepare formal progress reports on the design process.
- Maintain a professional approach with clients and their teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Work with our project delivery teams to reduce costs, delays and disruption on site.
- Attending design meetings with clients and subcontractor workshops.
- Researching new products and most effective construction methods.
- Demonstrate a basic commercial awareness of working within budgets, including project and product cost constraints, traceability of commercial variations and recovery of additional costs.
- Understand and adhere to departmental policies, practices, procedures and standards, whilst working in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Adhere to Health and safety policies, according to Company procedures
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience working for a Main Contractor preferred although not essential however experience in a Design or Engineering organisation with construction knowledge required.
- The candidate will have an architectural background as Architectural Technician /Technologist or Structural Engineering Technician background with an understanding of M&E.
- Technical and Building Construction knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations.
- The ability to manage a design team and lead meetings with external and internal members of the team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Logical and well organised with ability to prioritise
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD /Revit /Navisworks would be beneficial but not essential.
- Strong IT skills.
This is a full time, permanent position and it will be based at our head office in Paisley. For more information please contact our Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who apply for this role will have their data stored for the purposes of the recruitment process. The storage of your data complies with The General Data Protection Regulation. Full details of what is stored and how can be found in our Recruitment Privacy Notice.