Business Unit Manager
27th August 2018
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with six operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Retail, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 250 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
We are now looking to recruit and individual with relevant experience to manage the Maintenance Division of the company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Managing Director
- Build and develop the Maintenance Division in our existing Reactive, Planned and Insurance product offerings.
- Report directly to the Managing Director based in Paisley.
- Forward thinking, promoting a relationship driven supply chain.
- Build and develop relationships with existing and new customers.
- Manage Reactive Maintenance Helpdesk
- Ensuring compliance with Customer Service Level Agreements and KPI’s
- Manage Planned and Insurance Reinstatement projects up to a value of £50k
- Show a track record in Customer Service that could be developed through Customers 1st philosophy of ‘continually improving the way we deal with our customers’.
- Improve cost efficiency and P&L reporting internally.
- Assist growth of division through personal business development activity.
- Managing multi trade reactive and planned maintenance multi-site customer accounts throughout Scotland.
The successful candidate will be;
- Experienced in Maintenance or Hard FM at senior level within a contracting environment seeking to build a division from an initial operational role developing into a more strategic role.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of operatives, staff, customers and clients.
- Highly IT literate with CAFM experience.
- Comfortable in seeking new business opportunities and developing increased business with existing customers and able to demonstrate this with previous experience.
- Able to demonstrate keen commercial awareness.
- Capable of surveying, estimating and programming jobs.
- Comfortable with working with minimum of supervision and ability to solve problems by acting on own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of quality service.
- Focused on project delivery whilst retaining commercial awareness.
- Experienced in maintenance contracting demonstrating a commitment and loyalty in this field.
- Able to communicate with all levels of operatives, staff, consultants and clients.
- Able to initially manage maintenance projects ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and in a manner which complies with current Health & Safety regulations and company processes
- Able to demonstrate a level of honesty, integrity and a professional non-traditional approach to maintenance are essential.
- Looking for an opportunity to build their own division with minimal involvement of Senior Management.
This is a full time, permanent position and it will be based at our head office in Paisley. For more information, contact our Recruitment Manager, Craig McHugh on 0141 847 8727 or email your CV to email@example.com.