8th November 2018
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with six operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Retail, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. The company works throughout the UK, employing over 250 employees and is number 72 on the 2018 Sunday Times Best Companies to Work for List.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to recruit an experienced Design Manager to join our Fit Out Division.
Role & Responsibilities
The main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Taking a leadership role in the management of the design process in our Design & Build Projects, ensuring different members of the design team produce the correct information complying with the programme and avoiding design clashes.
- Working with our project delivery teams to reduce costs, delays and disruption on site.
- Attending design meetings with clients and subcontractors.
- Liaising with Building Control and Planning to ensure the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice.
- Reviewing design drawings form internal and external design consultants to evaluate most effective design method and concepts.
- Ensuring no clashes between interfaces at technical design.
- Researching new products and most effective construction methods.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Design management experience from either a main contracting or an architectural background.
- The ability to lead a design team and lead meetings with external and internal members of the team.
- Experience working in Fit Out projects is also desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- BIM experience preferred.
- Strong IT skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
This is a full time, permanent position and it will be based at our head office in Paisley. For more information or to apply please email email@example.com