4th September 2019
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with six operating divisions; Construction, Retail, Fit Out, Small Works, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 250 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
Due to the continued growth of the Company we are looking to add an HSEQ Advisor to the team. We ideally are looking for a candidate with main contractor HSE experience and a knowledge of Quality Management.
It is essential you hold a full UK driving license for this position.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assist with the development and implementation of the HSEQ Management System to ensure it continues to meet the requirements of ISO45001 / ISO9001 / ISO14001.
- Assist Site Management with advance planning with respect to Quality, Site Set-Up, Welfare, Traffic Management and general HSEQ issues.
- Assist Site Management to procure, review and revise Clark Contracts and Sub-Contractor ITP’s, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and COSHH Assessments in line with the Project Programme.
- Review HSEQ Practices on site to ensure compliance with Quality Plans, approved Safe Systems of Work and take action, as required, where this is not the case.
- Provide practical advice and assistance in the development, review and maintenance of Construction Phase Plans which include quality, safety and environmental requirements.
- Investigate all accidents, near misses or dangerous occurrences and pollution incidents, as directed by the HSEQ Manager.
- Communicate correct interpretation of Company Policies, Codes of Practice and quality requirements to the satisfaction of all parties.
- To assist in the training of Staff, Operatives and Sub-Contractors at all levels on HSEQ matters.
- To carry out specific assignments as requested by the Company Directors or the HSEQ Manager.
- To deputise for other HSEQ Advisors in their absence in relation to project issues, as directed.
- Knowledge of the HSEQ function through experience or training. We are particularly interested in those with a broad knowledge of HSE & Q.
- Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards this.
- HSEQ knowledge and how it applies to the workplace.
- IT Literate(Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload and work to deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Can maintain confidentiality.
- Hardworking and a questioning mind.
This is a full time, permanent position and the successful candidate will be based from our Paisley Head office although travelling to sites across the country will be required due to the nature of the role.
For more information contact Recruitment Manager, Craig McHugh on on 0141 847 8727 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Candidates who apply for this role will have their data stored for the purposes of the recruitment process. The storage of your data complies with The General Data Protection Regulation. Full details of what is stored and how can be found in our Recruitment Privacy Notice.