Manufactured Joinery Manager
13th May 2021
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with five operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 200 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
Due to continued growth we are looking to receipt a suitable experienced Manufactured Joinery manager to supplement the existing team.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate’s roles and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Making the best use of resources, time and capital to ensure effective, efficient and economic productivity levels
- Working with the management team, senior managers and Health and Safety Advisor to design and maintain safe systems of work
- Have a full knowledge and understanding of all aspects of joinery manufacture and production
- Manufacture and delivery of manufactured goods to the required time and quality using safe practices.
- The ability to modify workshop to suit unexpected joinery orders
- Management of budget as directed by the Director of the division
- Preparation of reports and analysis of programmes as and when required
- Managing health & safety requirements, promote the safe wellbeing of all staff and visitors into the workshop environment
- Manage weekly production programme and highlight any resource issues
- Responsibility for all resource management within the division.
- Have expert knowledge of joinery production and continuously seeks improvement
- Must demonstrate ability to deal with change requests and short lead periods, without jeopardising contracts.
- Be able to directly manage staff with the division to ensure Health and safety, Quality and Environmental KPI’s and legislatory requirements are adhered to.
- Be enthusiastic and experienced in training and nurturing apprentices / trainees and work experience placements and identify less experienced production staff and recognise their capability and assist in upskilling and developing them.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A working knowledge of all aspects of workshop equipment, tools, machines, safety equipment and PPE
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and written)
- Strong IT skills and be confident in using Microsoft Office package (Excel and Word)
- An effective manager who is capable of getting the best out of people
- A team player
- Commercially aware
This is a full time, permanent position and will be based at our bespoke manufactured joinery facility in Paisley.
Should you wish to apply then email your CV to email@example.com
Candidates who apply for this role will have their data stored for the purposes of the recruitment process. The storage of your data complies with The General Data Protection Regulation. Full details of what is stored and how can be found in our Recruitment Privacy Notice.