Pre Construction Manager
19th November 2019
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with six operating divisions; Construction, Retail, Fit Out, Small Works, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 250 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to recruit a Pre-Construction Manager to join the organisation.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leading the Bid Management of East and West tenders from receipt through to project commencement.
- Managing the preparation of the tender quality submission. This will include liaising with supporting departments (marketing, health and safety, surveying, contracts etc.) to allocate resources to specific tasks to ensure quality and tender compliance is achieved.
- Collating and managing the following to develop a bid response that exceeds our client’s expectations;
- construction methodologies
- risk register
- bid programme
- alternative proposals inc. value engineering and optioneering;
- Assisting and managing the Estimating department through the bid including; review of subcontractor & supplier enquiries, review of tender documents, review of tender bills, prelims, projects brief etc. to identify both risk and opportunity.
- Preparing tender presentations, with support from the Marketing department, and attending tender interviews.
- Assisting the marketing department with technical ESPD requirements as and when required.
- You will work closely with Contracts Management and Estimating to ensure the commercial viability of contracts.
- Appraisal of ITT/RFP documentation to identify key risks and opportunities;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
- Experience in Bid Management within contracting organisation.
- Comfortable with working with minimum of supervision and ability to solve problems by acting on own initiative.
- HNC/D or degree level in Construction Management/Civil Engineering (desirable)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office inc. Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm and the desire to win.
- Ability to work flexibly to tight deadlines.
- Effective communicator with the ability to manage a team.
- Construction knowledge and commercial appreciation.
- Ability to author technical and quality narrative and edit same by others (desirable).
- Ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communication – both written and oral.
- Experience of managing a team in a bidding role.
- Good knowledge of building, civil engineering and general construction techniques and methodology.
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters.
This is a full time, permanent position and it will be based at our head office in Paisley. For more information, contact our Recruitment and HR Manager, Craig McHugh on 0141 847 8727 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Candidates who apply for this role will have their data stored for the purposes of the recruitment process. The storage of your data complies with The General Data Protection Regulation. Full details of what is stored and how can be found in our Recruitment Privacy Notice.