25th October 2017
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with five operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 250 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
We are recruiting for an experienced Proposals Coordinator to join our fast paced Marketing and Business Development department.
Role & Responsibilities
Assist in the production and timely submission of prequalification proposals and tenders, including:
- You will be responsible for co-ordinating the Bid Management of company proposals from receipt through to project commencement.
- Reviewing and understanding client prequalification and tender documentation.
- Managing the preparation of the quality submission. This will include liaising and co-ordinating specific technical responses from health and safety, surveying, contracts etc. to ensure quality and tender compliance is achieved.
- Editing the technical written work of others to improve its structure, readability, brevity, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Collating presentations, organisation charts and CV’s and supporting documents as required.
- Ensuring that draft submissions adequately answer the questions and sourcing information to address omissions;
- Leading the development of bid response that exceeds our client’s expectations.
- Preparing presentations and attending interviews.
- Seeking feedback on all bids and chairing internal debrief to share lessons learned.
- Using online tendering portals.
- Any other activity required to support the Business Development and Bid team.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Attention to detail.
- Ambition and pro-activity.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Enthusiasm and the desire to win
- Ability to work flexibly to tight deadlines.
- Effective communicator with the ability to manage a team.
- Construction knowledge
- Ability to author technical and quality narrative and edit same by others (desirable).
- Ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communication – both written and oral.
- Experience of managing a team in a bidding role.
- Good knowledge of building, civil engineering and general construction techniques and methodology.
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters.
This is a full time, permanent position and it will be based at our head office in Paisley. For more information email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.