7th January 2022
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with five operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 210 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within Clark Contracts for a Trainee/Assistant Buyer. This role will begin doing a Modern Apprenticeship in a relevant field of study.
Role & Responsibilities
• Working within the existing buying team servicing the various divisions of the company
• Purchasing of site materials, the hiring of plant and the sourcing of agency labour at competitive commercial rates
• Working with the Estimating and Surveying Departments to advise on budgets and expenditure on contracts
• Sourcing accommodation and arranging travel as and when required
• Assisting to provide monthly reports against budgets on contracts ranging from £50K to £10M
• Continually striving for opportunities to maximise margins and to improve the buying process
• Fully embrace the companies Customers 1st campaign to continually improve the way we deal with our Customers
• Must have an interest in the Construction and Buying sector’s
• Must be IT literate and competent in Microsoft packages.
• Must be proactive and self-motivated
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have excellent communication skills
This is a full time, permanent position and it will be based at our head office in Paisley.
Should you wish to apply then email your CV to email@example.com
Candidates who apply for this role will have their data stored for the purposes of the recruitment process. The storage of your data complies with The General Data Protection Regulation. Full details of what is stored and how can be found in our Recruitment Privacy Notice.