31st January 2024
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with several operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Retail, Housing, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 220 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
Due to the continued growth of the Company, we are looking to add a Sustainability Adviser to the team. We ideally are looking for a candidate with an Environmental Degree and an understanding of Carbon Reporting. This post is aimed at a post-degree new entrant into the construction industry however main contractor HS&E experience and a knowledge of Quality Management would be beneficial.
It is essential you hold a full UK driving license for this position.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Environmental Management System to ensure it continues to meet the requirements of ISO14001.
- Work with the Group HSEQ Manager to implement the Company strategy to enhance our carbon reporting to include Scope 3. Implement the Company’s 3-year carbon plan.
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to understand their current carbon reporting knowledge and work with them to enhance their knowledge so that they can comply with our requirements.
- Assist Site Management with advance planning with respect to Environmental issues and Carbon Reporting.
- Provide practical advice and assistance in the development, review and maintenance of Construction Phase Plans which include environmental requirements.
- Communicate correct interpretation of Company Policies, Codes of Practice and environmental requirements to the satisfaction of all parties.
- To assist in the training of Staff, Operatives and Sub-Contractors at all levels on environmental matters.
- To carry out specific assignments as requested by the Company Directors or the HSEQ Manager.
- To deputise for other HSEQ Advisors in their absence in relation to project issues, as directed.
- Holds an Environmental Degree and has a working knowledge of Carbon Reporting.
- Member of IEMA or working towards this.
- Construction knowledge and how it applies to the environment would be beneficial.
- IT Literate (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload and work to deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Can maintain confidentiality.
- Hardworking and a questioning mind.
This is a full time, permanent position and the successful candidate will be based from our Paisley Head office although travelling to sites across the country will be required due to the nature of the role. For more information please contact our Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who apply for this role will have their data stored for the purposes of the recruitment process. The storage of your data complies with The General Data Protection Regulation. Full details of what is stored and how can be found in our Recruitment Privacy Notice.