Mechanical and Electrical Co-ordinator
1st September 2023
Founded in 1978, Clark Contracts Ltd is a privately owned main contractor with several operating divisions; Construction, Fit Out, Small Works, Retail, Housing, Maintenance and Manufactured Joinery. We employ over 220 people with offices in the East and West of Scotland.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit an M&E Coordinator to join the business. The successful candidate will have experience within the Mechanical and Electrical field.
Reporting to our Head of Design Management the successful candidate will be responsible for the below.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist the Pre-construction Manager in providing programme and specialist information during the tender period.
- Assist at Bid /Tender stage in providing a technical review on MEP design and specialist information provided during the tender period.
- Attend Bid Management meetings as and where required in support of the Tender Bid.
- Support the Project Delivery Team in effectively managing M&E service packages.
- Support M&E Subcontractors with ITP & QA documentation
- Assist with monitoring the progress of our M&E Sub-contractors.
- Work with Site team to ensure the M&E services are being installed correctly and to the correct specification and in line with all statutory undertakings, current legislation, guidance, and good industry practice.
- Work with the site team to audit the M&E installation and report non compliances.
- Generate snagging lists and drive toward closure of each recorded MEP related items.
- Support the Site team in effectively managing the test & commissioning stage of the project to ensure that we achieve a clean handover.
- Prepare and distribute RFI and Technical Submissions through our common data environment.
- Support the Site team in effectively managing client demonstrations.
- Review O&M manuals handed over at completion are at an acceptable standard and meet that of the Employers Requirements.
- Ascertain all relevant Testing & commissioning certification for Completion Certification.
- Attendance at Client meetings
- Attendance at Internal Team meetings
- Attendance/chair M&E progress meetings along with any Technical Workshops.
- Liaison and manage Utility Service suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical background and be able to demonstrate the below:
- Strong IT Skills including knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Be adaptable to change within a fast paced environment
- Have the ability to work both as part of a team and by using their own initiative
This is a full time, permanent position and it will be based at our Newbridge office on the outskirts of Edinburgh but due to nature of role travelling to sites across Scotland will be required, therefore a full driving licence is essential for this role. Should you wish to apply then email your CV to email@example.com.
Candidates who apply for this role will have their data stored for the purposes of the recruitment process. The storage of your data complies with The General Data Protection Regulation. Full details of what is stored and how can be found in our Recruitment Privacy Notice.